My family used to go on plenty of hikes together as a family, and afterward, we would always do a tick-check. I was pretty nervous so I checked really well. And I was pretty sure that they were almost microscopic. Like half the size of fleas.
This brings me to the topic of "Things I Wish I Could Unlearn."
Those were happier days. Thinking that if I got a tick, it would just be a teeny bug that was a little bit trickier to get off your body than a fly. Wrong.
I think I just stopped feeling like I was going to toss my cookies. I found a monster tick on Rowdy. And it has been chilling there for probably more than a week. Eek! And yes we did a tick-check on her after our hike. And we found about 5 on Waffle, but surprisingly none on Rowdy...guess next time we also have to check her booty better.
Thank goodness Matt is a man of steel and got it off her without my help, because I was going to be of no help. He put it in a ziploc baggie where he oogled it and I barely glanced at it when my curiosity finally got the best of my sick tum-tum.
Then he smashed it.
And it popped.
And made a popping NOISE.
And the baggie has blood smeared on it and a huge see-through tick tummy.
Gross.
Might I add that this particular post is sans picture for a reason. And the reason is not because I lost my camera, even though that is true.
It's because it is gross.
Tuesday, August 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment