I LOVE this! I had seen this idea a long time ago and knew I wanted to do it somewhere. The guest room seemed like the perfect place to pull it off. Since Matt and I have been trying our best to keep up with our wild backyard, we have a giant pile of sticks, branches, and old pieces of wood with giant nails sticking out. (Anyone want to come over for a backyard BBQ...no?) I marched right out there and the first branch I saw was PERFECT!
The next issue was how to attach the branch to the wall. I looked at a couple wall brackets hoping to find something like this:
However, the puny selection I faced looked a little closer to this:
So I found some coat hooks and used them instead. I actually love how they look, don't you?
And then because I just can't help myself, I tied it back with twine. I think I would wrap our entire house in a giant ball of twine if Matt let me. And apparently I could be alone on this issue. Yesterday my brother-in-law came over and to my shock he totally loved my girlie room, but hated the twine. He recommended that I change it STAT. I am ignoring him though. Because I love it and it is MY room. OK, so it is Matt's room too, and I suppose your room too since it is a guest bedroom and I would love for you to come and visit!
Now the next thing is to case out the window like our front windows have been. But what the heck do you do for casing when someone else chose ALMOND as the window color? Who does that? At least our front windows are white. You will see them soony-soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment